Title: Quotation & Sales Specialist
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Mississauga, ON
Working at CB means you are part of something big, something special!! You are part of a team of engaging, enthusiastic and dedicated people that are committed to collaborating with one another to deliver solutions to our customers.
For over 70 years, Canadian Bearings has focused on delivering products and solutions efficiently to our customers. We have become the industrial supplier of choice for many of Canada’s manufacturers because of our proven performance, continuous improvement, and ability to deliver consistent cost savings to our customers.
We are committed to seeking out skilled and energetic individuals to be our service and solutions leaders of tomorrow.
We are seeking a Quotation & Sales Specialist
- Responsible for administrating and overseeing the processes of receiving, assessing, analyzing, sourcing, costing (pricing) incoming quotations, bids and tenders.
- Coach the central quotation team.
- Breakdown, allocate, collect and control data work for/from team members and external sources.
- Match products to quotations based on specifications.
- Actively engage vendors in product discussions and pricing negotiations.
- Analyze quotations and contracts, and provide analytical reports.
- Create and maintain accurate customer file information.
- Update, re-quote and re-price existing contracts.
- Obtain and relay special prices, discounts and rebates form vendors.
- Obtain product data from various sources and create product specifications.
- Manage and append customer-specific product information and customer programs such as VMI, IMS and vending systems.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Attributes in Action:
- Demonstrated experience in analysis, preparation and presentation of large data sets.
- Must be familiar with industrial parts and applications (mechanical, electrical, controls, process equipment, tools, fasteners and machine components).
- Familiar with industrial part and general industrial supplies.
- Proficient with pricing processes.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite with an emphasis on Excel or Access.
- Strong logical, problem solving, data interpretation, and report presentation skills.
- Must be results-driven and detail-oriented, with the ability to organize, prioritize and follow-through.
- Must be able to identify areas that require needed change and have the ability to provide solutions through innovative thinking and resourcefulness.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with departmental team and various levels of company personnel.
- Must be proactive in setting and meeting goals and objectives.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and work well under pressure.
- Effective oral and writing communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, patient and focused when it comes to ongoing and routine data processing work
- Quick learner and eager to learn.
- Process oriented and organized.
- Able to work well independently as well as working in teams.
- Able to organize and participate in multiple projects.
- Able to build win/win/WIN relationships
Required Experience and Education:
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in a related field.
- 5 years of sourcing and data processing experience.
- Experience in industrial distribution is mandatory.
- Experience in industrial parts and hardware is mandatory.
- French language proficiency is considered an asset.
A few reasons why it's great to work for us!
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- RRSP matching plan
- Personal Development Subsidy
- Opportunities for growth and development
Our careers allow you to utilize your skills, experience and knowledge at the same time offering you a position that you will find both challenging and rewarding as you begin to feel the real potential of your career goals.
Canadian Bearings is an equal opportunity employer.
Canadian Bearings will provide accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you are contacted for consideration and require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please indicate the accommodation required.
We thank you for applying to the Canadian Bearings team. Please note that applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates that are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org , and reference the Job Title and Location in the subject line.