Title: Database Administrator
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Location: Quebec City, QC
Working at CB means you are part of something big, something special!! You are part of a team of engaging, enthusiastic and dedicated people that are committed to collaborating with one another to deliver solutions to our customers.
For over 70 years, Canadian Bearings has focused on delivering products and solutions efficiently to our customers. We have become the industrial supplier of choice for many of Canada’s manufacturers because of our proven performance, continuous improvement, and ability to deliver consistent cost savings to our customers.
We are committed to seeking out skilled and energetic individuals to be our service and solutions leaders of tomorrow.
We are seeking a Database Administrator
Responsible for enhancing and enriching product data in CB’s Product Information Management System (PIM), supporting the continued integrity of the customer-specific information databases. Provides exceptional costing service to enable internal customers to deliver pricing and products to our customers while adhering to CB’s vision.
- Responsible for maintaining customer database regularly, with high attention to accuracy and completeness.
- Analyze cost information and price adjustments for accuracy and understanding of customer impact.
- Update and maintain accurate pricing information; and administer pricing set-ups as requested.
- Maintain key relationships with vendors and internal customers.
- Communicate price increases to internal customers promptly.
- Accurately and clearly document all incidents regarding internal or supplier-related issues.
- Collect and maintain accurate product specifications, and identify/input missing or low quality data in the Product Information Management System (PIM).
- Categorize and append related customer-specific data appropriately.
- Assist with the creation of product catalogues.
- Assist with the improvement of database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for data dictionary (metadata).
Required Skills, Knowledge & Attributes of a Successful Candidate:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field;
- Full bilingualism, written and spoken French and English;
- Strong, effective communication skills;
- Able to work effectively both independently as well as part of a team;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Access;
- Process-oriented, with exceptional attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills;
- Ability to effectively handle stress while managing multiple competing priorities/projects;
- Aptitude and willingness to learn and continuously grow skill sets;
- Strong analytical and a problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches and departmental contribution.
Assets of a Successful Candidate:
- Knowledge of CB products.
- Experience within the distribution or MRO industry.
A few reasons why it's great to work for us!
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- RRSP matching plan
- Personal Development Subsidy
- Opportunities for growth and development
Our careers allow you to utilize your skills, experience and knowledge at the same time offering you a position that you will find both challenging and rewarding as you begin to feel the real potential of your career goals.
Canadian Bearings is an equal opportunity employer.
Canadian Bearings will provide accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you are contacted for consideration and require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please indicate the accommodation required.
We thank you for applying to the Canadian Bearings team. Please note that applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates that are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org