Title: Shipper & Receiver
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Location: Mississauga, ON
Working at CB means you are part of something big, something special!! You are part of a team of engaging, enthusiastic and dedicated people that are committed to collaborating with one another to deliver solutions to our customers.
For over 70 years, Canadian Bearings has focused on delivering products and solutions efficiently to our customers. We have become the industrial supplier of choice for many of Canada’s manufacturers because of our proven performance, continuous improvement, and ability to deliver consistent cost savings to our customers.
We are committed to seeking out skilled and energetic individuals to be our service and solutions leaders of tomorrow.
We are seeking a Shipper / Receiver
- Pick products for orders, pack and secure shipments accurately according to customer deadlines.
- Track status of shipments and follow-up with customers regularly/as required.
- Receive and inspect products upon reception to ensure order quality and completeness; and report any issues/irregularities.
- Accurately document and communicate any vendor or internal incidents appropriately.
- Perform special handling (e.g. Kitting, Repairable Assets).
- Coordinate and manage cost-effective and timely delivery of orders.
- Maintain safety equipment and a clean warehouse area.
- Collaborate and communicate with key partners to gain mutual understanding.
- Provide counter sales support to customers on-site.
- Engage in ongoing learning about CB’s products & processes.
- Actively models positive culture, teamwork and collaboration with all team members at all times
The successful candidate for the position will have:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Previous shipping and picking experience is an asset
- Education: High School Diploma
- Projects energy and enthusiasm in a team environment, focused around building and maintaining positive culture
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic math and analytical skills
- Appropriate level of product knowledge
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Knowledge of Health & Safety standards and safe work practices
The successful candidate for this position will be:
- Able to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills
- Detail oriented and good problem solver
- Eager to pursue opportunities to help others to achieve win/win/WIN outcomes
- Exhibits a positive attitude and possesses a strong work ethic
- Team-focused, with a commitment to maintaining a positive work culture
A few reasons why it's great to work for us!
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- RRSP matching plan
- Personal Development Subsidy
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Be part of a collaborative, supportive, and positive organizational culture
Our careers allow you to utilize your skills, experience and knowledge at the same time offering you a position that you will find both challenging and rewarding as you begin to feel the real potential of your career goals.
Canadian Bearings is an equal opportunity employer.
Canadian Bearings will provide accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you are contacted for consideration and require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please indicate the accommodation required.
We thank you for applying to the Canadian Bearings team. Please note that applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates that are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please send your resume to email@example.com