Title: Inventory Analyst
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Location: Mississauga, ON
Working at CB means you are part of something big, something special!! You are part of a team of engaging, enthusiastic and dedicated people that are committed to collaborating with one another to deliver solutions to our customers.
For over 70 years, Canadian Bearings has focused on delivering products and solutions efficiently to our customers. We have become the industrial supplier of choice for many of Canada’s manufacturers because of our proven performance, continuous improvement, and ability to deliver consistent cost savings to our customers.
We are committed to seeking out skilled and energetic individuals to be our service and solutions leaders of tomorrow.
We are seeking an Inventory Analyst
As a member of the Supply Chain Team, responsible for inventory planning, maintenance and optimization to increase efficiency and smooth flow of product through of CB’s supply chain system in order to provide superior service to our customers in alignment with CB’s Vision.
- Review and manage, and document all month-end inventory forecast exceptions.
- Conduct daily review of inventory forecast based on sales index, and make necessary adjustments as required.
- Liaise regularly, and collaborate effectively with Customer Service Team to review SKUs with exceptional sales .
- Plan and review customer pick-up items at appropriate branches throughout the CB distribution network.
- Manage and maintain balanced inventory levels, including safety products, to ensure no breaks in supply to CB distribution centers and customers.
- Ensure seamless transition of new/changed items into regular purchase planning.
- Effectively plan and closely review Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI).
- Accurately maintain demand-planning software (GAINS), and review calculated lead times.
- Identify and address potential fill rate issues, and related impacts, by performing root cause analysis, and taking appropriate corrective action.
- Actively manage product segmentation, and set appropriate target service levels.
- Maintain adequate inventory of new items, and collaborate with Sales Team to understand the consumption or copy/transfer the items’ demand history for supersession or substitute.
- Accurately forecast and regularly review Belting inventory; and efficiently manage Belting scrap.
- Generate and analyze reserved quantity list for review by the Sales Team; coordinate with Purchasing and Marketing to ensure Inventory optimization.
- Generate and review inventory excess, no-move, and slow-moving report; coordinate with Sales Team, Purchasing and Marketing to effectively control excess inventory.
- Generate monthly Demand Planning and Inventory Hygiene KPI report, and Non Performing inventory (NPI) report, for forecast accuracy.
- Manage special needs including the incorporation of the customer forecast, migrating customer history from one warehouse to another, history removal etc.
- Conduct regular maintenance of supersessions and substitutes.
- Calculate promotional sales lifts and post-promo sales decreases, with consideration of specified information.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Attributes in Action:
- Experience and comfort working in a fast paced, complex, ever-changing environment while effectively managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Sound analytical ability, specifically with respect to data analytics and interpretation.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Strong, effective communicator (verbal and written); excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Advanced organization and prioritization skills.
- Big Picture Thinking: Understands how a new process or initiative impacts other parts of the business.
- Proactive, solution-oriented with a curious, entrepreneurial spirit.
- Aptitude and willingness to learn and grow personal and professional skill set.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understands the importance of when to lead and when to take on a supporting role.
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches and departmental contribution.
Required Experience and Education:
- University degree with a focus in statistics, or operations; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with Demand & Supply, and inventory management planning, preferably within the industrial distribution industry.
- Experience with the MRO / industrial distribution industry.
- APICS certification, an asset.
- Experience with ERP, and other related software.
- Highly Proficient in Excel (required), Word; as well as PowerPoint advanced presentations.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
A few reasons why it's great to work for us!
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- RRSP matching plan
- Personal Development Subsidy
- Opportunities for growth and development
Our careers allow you to utilize your skills, experience and knowledge at the same time offering you a position that you will find both challenging and rewarding as you begin to feel the real potential of your career goals.
Canadian Bearings is an equal opportunity employer.
Canadian Bearings will provide accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you are contacted for consideration and require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please indicate the accommodation required.
We thank you for applying to the Canadian Bearings team. Please note that applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates that are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please send your resume to email@example.com