Title: Business Development Manager
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Location: London, ON
Working at CB means you are part of something big, something special!! You are part of a team of engaging, enthusiastic and dedicated people that are committed to collaborating with one another to deliver solutions to our customers.
For over 70 years, Canadian Bearings has focused on delivering products and solutions efficiently to our customers. We have become the industrial supplier of choice for many of Canada’s manufacturers because of our proven performance, continuous improvement, and ability to deliver consistent cost savings to our customers.
We are committed to seeking out skilled and energetic individuals to be our service and solutions leaders of tomorrow.
We are seeking an Business Development Manager
Acquire & build key accounts within Canada, with a principal focus on Canadian-owned medium-size manufacturing businesses in the automotive, food & beverage, pharmaceutical, forestry, aggregate & mining industries. The incumbent will use well-developed relationship management & professional sales skills to actively promote CB’s value propositions to key account customers’ executive/senior management and their stakeholders at the corporate and plant level.
- Responsible for sourcing, evaluating, cultivating, and managing relationships with key accounts at the corporate level.
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis in relation to CB’s ability to help and deliver value.
- Engage, and work closely with CB’s functions and departments throughout the sales process, to meet key account performance objectives and exceed customers’ expectations.
- Determine customer service requirements at the branch level with Operations Managers, and help implement contracts at the local branch level.
- Achieve service plans for key accounts, and ensure the delivery of ongoing cost-savings though effective collaboration with the field sales team.
- Develop and execute annual business plans for assigned key accounts in conjunction with Regional Sales Managers.
- Work with CB’s pricing team and field staff to ensure contractual pricing is implemented, maintained accurately and updated in a timely manner.
- Develop business cases/ROI analyses for both internal and external stakeholders’ review.
- Prepare and present quarterly KPI reports to key accounts senior management according to contractual agreements of customers’ expectations and corporate objectives.
Required Technical Skills, Knowledge & Attributes in Action:
- Ability to prospect, engage with, and influence the senior-level decision makers within an organization.
- A proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets, keeping the funnel full of qualified prospects, and moving sales opportunities successfully throughout a proven sales process.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to develop strong relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to anticipate, recognize and solve problems of a highly complex nature with a high attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment and follow-through to successfully meet deadlines.
- Driven, self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce.com.
- Excellent presentation skills, with the ability to think quickly, consultatively, and nimbly when presenting to both existing and prospective clients (at all levels of management).
- Experience preparing quality RFPs and proposals, and presenting to C-level decision makers.
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to understand a prospect’s business in a variety of industries.
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite of applications, including Outlook, Power Point, Excel and Word.
- Effective contract-management and successful negotiation experience.
- Able to build win/win/WIN relationships
- Team-focused, with a commitment to maintaining a positive work culture
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Required Experience and Education:
- College or University Degree in a business or technical discipline required.
- Minimum 5 years’ sales experience, with a proven track record of growth and managing pre-sale through implementation phases of a program sold to a client.
- Experience in the industrial distribution business an asset.
A few reasons why it's great to work for us!
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- RRSP matching plan
- Personal Development Subsidy
- Opportunities for growth and development
Our careers allow you to utilize your skills, experience and knowledge at the same time offering you a position that you will find both challenging and rewarding as you begin to feel the real potential of your career goals.
Canadian Bearings is an equal opportunity employer.
Canadian Bearings will provide accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you are contacted for consideration and require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please indicate the accommodation required.
We thank you for applying to the Canadian Bearings team. Please note that applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates that are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org