Title: (Branch) Operations Leader
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Location: Kitchener/Hamilton/St.Catharines, ON
Working at CB means you are part of something big, something special!! You are part of a team of engaging, enthusiastic and dedicated people that are committed to collaborating with one another to deliver solutions to our customers.
For over 70 years, Canadian Bearings has focused on delivering products and solutions efficiently to our customers. We have become the industrial supplier of choice for many of Canada’s manufacturers because of our proven performance, continuous improvement, and ability to deliver consistent cost savings to our customers.
We are committed to seeking out skilled and energetic individuals to be our service and solutions leaders of tomorrow.
We are seeking a (Branch) Operations Leader
- Perform daily performance management by following all corporate standards.
- Clearly and effectively communicate corporate objectives to the team.
- Conduct regular branch meetings with the Sales and Operations teams’ participation
- Maintain branch processes in compliance with health & safety and CB’s ISO–9001 standards.
- Manage performance and career planning for direct reports by following CB’s performance development processes.
- Collaborate with the Sales team to manage profit and loss targets, set pricing strategies, and engage in strategic planning for large quotations.
- Ensure compliance with all inventory management processes.
- Efficiently manage workflow and resources.
- Ensure contract agreement adherence.
- Address and resolve escalation issues in a diplomatic and timely manner.
- Take initiative to provides hands-on leadership and customer service in support of the team.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Attributes in Action:
- Able to understand, conceptualize, and align business practices with corporate vision and goals to achieve sales plans.
- Leads by example; hands-on approach to leadership.
- Business acumen.
- Experience/comfort working in a fast pace, complex ever changing environment while managing multiple projects.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Strong, effective communicator (verbal and written).
- Excellent inter-personal and organizational skills.
- Ability to coach for performance – providing constructive feedback, identifying knowledge and skill gaps, and developing performance plans.
- Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Big Picture Thinking: Understands how a new process or initiative impacts other parts of the business.
- Proactive, solution oriented with a curious, entrepreneurial spirit.
- Aptitude and willingness to learn and grow skill set.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and a problem solving skills.
- Understand importance of when to lead and when to take on a supporting role.
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches and departmental contribution.
Required Experience and Education:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, with a focus in business or a technical discipline preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing direct reports.
- Experience interacting with all levels of an organization from Senior Management to field, as well as customers.
- 5-10 years’ experience with the distribution industry; knowledge of MRO industry, and related products and services a strong asset.
- Experience in sales is a strong asset.
- Proficient in Excel, Word; as well as PowerPoint advanced presentations.
- Bilingual in French and English a strong asset.
A few reasons why it's great to work for us!
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- RRSP matching plan
- Personal Development Subsidy
- Opportunities for growth and development
Our careers allow you to utilize your skills, experience and knowledge at the same time offering you a position that you will find both challenging and rewarding as you begin to feel the real potential of your career goals.
Canadian Bearings is an equal opportunity employer.
Canadian Bearings will provide accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you are contacted for consideration and require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please indicate the accommodation required.
We thank you for applying to the Canadian Bearings team. Please note that applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates that are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please send your resume to email@example.com