Title: Director Supply Chain
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Location: Mississauga, ON
Working at CB means you are part of something big, something special!! You are part of a team of engaging, enthusiastic and dedicated people that are committed to collaborating with one another to deliver solutions to our customers.
For over 70 years, Canadian Bearings has focused on delivering products and solutions efficiently to our customers. We have become the industrial supplier of choice for many of Canada’s manufacturers because of our proven performance, continuous improvement, and ability to deliver consistent cost savings to our customers.
We are committed to seeking out skilled and energetic individuals to be our service and solutions leaders of tomorrow.
We are seeking a Director Supply Chain
As a leader within CB’s Team, you will be responsible for the strategic direction of the organization’s Supply Chain, creating a sustainable competitive advantage through the identification and execution of creative Supply Chain processes. You will work collaboratively with all key stakeholders and accept accountability for the achievement of the department’s KPIs, in alignment with CB’s Mission.
- Identify, prioritize and implement strategies and KPIs for CB’s Supply Chain related to Deliver Product, Procurement and Inventory management.
- Create efficient systems to manage Deliver Product (DP) processes.
- Be hands-on in leading the Supply Chain Management Team, as well as supporting their long-term development.
- Initiate cross-functional projects in order to drive improvement, while ensuring a high service level.
- Partner with internal stakeholders in order to align the goal of the Supply Chain Management Team to the overall company direction.
- Identify and implement process improvements in all aspects of CB’s supply chain by interacting with our Sales Teams as well as our Strategic Business Managers.
- Oversee compliance to the ISO audits.
- Provide Process Ownership for all processes at CB’s DC’s
- Approve acquisition of material handling equipment.
Required Core Competencies:
For this core function within the organization, the successful candidate will possess exceptional attributes in leadership, communication, planning and execution skills to lead the corresponding business area.
- Sound experience and understanding of inventory management and procurement
- Experience in people management by providing a vision and strategy
- Hands-on mentality, flexible and analytical mind-set as well as the ability to work independently
- Pro-active, fact-based, pragmatic and enthusiastic attitude that allows embracing and initiating change
- Ability to work in a structured way within a dynamic environment
- Strong negotiations skills
- Exceptional Collaboration skills
- Exhibits CB Values
- High self-awareness
- Strong listening skills – listening for understanding
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Extensive experience in planning implementations and the execution
- Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work in stressful situations and stay composed
Required Education & Experience:
- Academic background with Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations, and/or Management (additional advanced degrees and certifications in Supply Chain as CITT, Inventory control as CPIM, material management, Lean Six Sigma is a plus).
- At least 7 years of experience in relevant supply chain functions (procurement, supply chain management, inventory management, demand planning and/or logistics), preferably in the industrial environment.
A few reasons why it's great to work for us!
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- RRSP matching plan
- Personal Development Subsidy
- Opportunities for growth and development
Our careers allow you to utilize your skills, experience and knowledge at the same time offering you a position that you will find both challenging and rewarding as you begin to feel the real potential of your career goals.
Canadian Bearings is an equal opportunity employer.
Canadian Bearings will provide accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you are contacted for consideration and require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please indicate the accommodation required.
We thank you for applying to the Canadian Bearings team. Please note that applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates that are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org