Title: Accounts Payable Representative
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Location: Mississauga, ON
Working at CB means you are part of something big, something special!! You are part of a team of engaging, enthusiastic and dedicated people that are committed to collaborating with one another to deliver solutions to our customers.
For over 70 years, Canadian Bearings has focused on delivering products and solutions efficiently to our customers. We have become the industrial supplier of choice for many of Canada’s manufacturers because of our proven performance, continuous improvement, and ability to deliver consistent cost savings to our customers.
We are committed to seeking out skilled and energetic individuals to be our service and solutions leaders of tomorrow.
We are seeking a Accounts Payable Representative
As a member of the Accounting Team, responsible for the timely and accurate processing of payments to suppliers, adhering to CB’s Vision.
- Effectively manage workflow to ensure all payables transactions are processed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Sort, code, and match invoices with accurate input in various accounting software programs.
- Provide backup support with entering and uploading invoices into AP system from our EDI files when required.
- Review and reconcile monthly Accounts Payable statements.
- Organize supplier files and collect data for analysis and entry into the appropriate system.
- Keep sensitive supplier and company information confidential.
- Provide backup telephone support by fielding incoming company phone calls; responding, redirecting, and escalating as appropriate.
- Review and verify invoices and supplier check requests.
- Ensure supplier invoices are set up in the system according to the defined payment schedule.
- Monitor, review, and reconcile supplier accounts monthly to ensure payments are up to date.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues with our branches and/or vendors.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Attributes in Action:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to multi task efficiently.
- Performance driven and task oriented.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and listening skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Analytical with exceptional problem identification and resolution skills.
- Good team player with the ability to build relationships and to work collaboratively with others.
- Possess strong computer skills – including SX and Achiever
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Data Entry skills.
- Data Archiving experience.
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches and departmental contribution.
Required Experience and Education:
- Knowledge of general accounting principles required.
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
A few reasons why it's great to work for us!
- Competitive salary and bonus.
- Opportunities for growth and development.
- Be part of a collaborative, supportive, and positive organizational culture.
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- RRSP matching plan
- Personal Development Subsidy
Our careers allow you to utilize your skills, experience and knowledge at the same time offering you a position that you will find both challenging and rewarding as you begin to feel the real potential of your career goals.
Canadian Bearings is an equal opportunity employer.
Canadian Bearings will provide accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you are contacted for consideration and require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please indicate the accommodation required.
We thank you for applying to the Canadian Bearings team. Please note that applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates that are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org