Title: Freight Administrator
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Location: Mississauga, ON
Working at CB means you are part of something big, something special!! You are part of a team of engaging, enthusiastic and dedicated people that are committed to collaborating with one another to deliver solutions to our customers.
For over 70 years, Canadian Bearings has focused on delivering products and solutions efficiently to our customers. We have become the industrial supplier of choice for many of Canada’s manufacturers because of our proven performance, continuous improvement, and ability to deliver consistent cost savings to our customers.
We are committed to seeking out skilled and energetic individuals to be our service and solutions leaders of tomorrow.
We are seeking a Freight Administrator
As a member of the Warehouse Team, responsible for the timely and accurate processing of payments to suppliers, adhering to CB’s Vision.
- Audit and analyze Domestic and International freight invoices for accuracy and compliance. Ability to read and understand carrier rates
- Reconcile Carrier statements as required and contact carriers with billing errors
- Prepare weekly uploads for freight payment processes. Analyze accuracy of GL coding and cost centers
- Organize supplier files and collect data for analysis and entry into the appropriate system.
- Effectively manage workflow to ensure all payables transactions are processed accurately and in a timely fashion
- Review and reconcile monthly statements.
- Sort, code, and match invoices with accurate input in various accounting software programs.
- Review and authorize freight exceptions
- Keep sensitive supplier and company information confidential.
- Review and verify invoices and supplier check requests.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues with our branches and/or vendors.
- Exceptional analysis, research exception within FAP system as well as carriers/couriers own websites. Ensure all invoices are processed according to CB’s current carrier contracts
- Update Freight Audit System with freight rates
- Communicate and resolve freight invoice issues with branches and carriers
- Generate and run query reports
- Support and back up for Logistics Administrator, as required.
- Review custom charges and code appropriately
Required Skills, Knowledge & Attributes in Action:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Minimum 2 years working experience in the Transportation field
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft applications – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent ability to multi task, prioritize, time management and organizational skills
- Strong sense of urgency
- Proficiency in SX-Trend business software is an asset
- Strong work ethic and accountability
Required Experience and Education:
- High school diploma required
- 1 year distribution and/or warehouse experience
- Experience with RF technology an asset
- Experience with FAP an asset
A few reasons why it's great to work for us!
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- RRSP matching plan
- Personal Development Subsidy
- Opportunities for growth and development
Our careers allow you to utilize your skills, experience and knowledge at the same time offering you a position that you will find both challenging and rewarding as you begin to feel the real potential of your career goals.
Canadian Bearings is an equal opportunity employer.
Canadian Bearings will provide accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you are contacted for consideration and require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please indicate the accommodation required.
We thank you for applying to the Canadian Bearings team. Please note that applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates that are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.